From:
Gerald Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 12:00:02 -0500
In a message dated 4/1/97 4:41:16 PM, [log in to unmask] (Stephen Peacock)
wrote:

>I can't imagine being in a car traveling from Milwaukee to Ann Arbor
>listening to all the excuses that the fans would have.  Here is
>a stab as to the top ten excuses as to why Michigan lost: (from a fly
>on the dash in this very car!)
>
>10) BU Hits too hard!
>9) Parker MUST have stolen the Michigan playbook!
>8) The officials stunk!
>7) Michigan's bus broke down and got the guys out of their rythem!
>6) Team meal was laced!
>5) Dull skates!
>4) Hey at least we have basketball!  65th best team in the nation!
>3) Slow Ice!
>2) Pucks were not cold enough!
>1) BU's fans were too mean to the Maize and Blue!
>
>Again, to the team, congratulations on a great season.  And to the
>fans, TOO BAD!  I can't wait until Yost next year to feed you guys
>your lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Steve
>Lake Superior State University 1988

65th team in the country?  That's  absurd, if you honestly believe that
Michigan could not beat ANY of the 64 teams you let your brain get too cold
up there in the Soo!  For that matter, Michigan BEAT the national champions
when they met earlier in the year.

And for that matter, why take a swing at our basketball team?  When was the
last time LSSU basket ball did anything but make snow balls in late March?

I digress, I know this is a hockey list,  but I too am growing very tired of
the Michigan bashing.  And this was just yet another example...  Bringing up
basketball.... Indeed!.

Jerry.

Michigan  '93.

P.S.  I tried to look up the word 'rythem' (your line #7) in my dictionary,
but couldn't find it.  Perhaps they have a special words they only teach in
the Soo.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!