From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:04:47 EST
Jay Lau wrote:

> I think he's definitely gone. I don't see how he could possibly make up his
> 5 classes from the first semester as well as pass all his classes from
> second semester.
>
> I had asked the same question back in Decemebr when his situation first
> became public. The ruling that allowed him to continue to play even
> though he had no grades for the first semester is one of the most
> disgraceful rules I have ever seen. If a "regular" student took 5
> incompletes in one semester, I would expect that they would be placed
> on academic probation.

Not true.

I've never gotten a complete 100% blanket statement on the matter, but if
as I believe LaCouture took incompletes on his first-semester courses, then
he has been given NO different priviledge than any other BU student gets.

That much I can guarantee.

All BU students have a full year to settle incompletes.  LaCouture apparently
had personal circumstances that warranted an incomplete regardless of his
athletic stature.

As such, he could still complete those courses this summer.

Dave Hendrickson     [log in to unmask]
Hockey East writer for U.S. College Hockey Online
         http://www.uscollegehockey.com