From:
Matt Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:14:27 -0600
>From: "Steven R. Glazewski" <[log in to unmask]>
>Did anybody else notice that UNO's jersey was hung up in the east foyer?
>Red, white and black with vertical "UNO" forming the head of a steer and
>horns coming out of the "U".>

I also wondered who put the black jersey with the red head with number 97
and the name Metallica on the back, who's jersey is that?

>Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
>The local rag, the San Luis Obispo Telegram-Tribune, has never in my 27
>yrs here, published any college hockey score, let alone article. In fact,

On another media note, George Michaels Sports Machine, a tv program, had
Hendersons break away goal in the finals as the play of the week.  Quite a
coup for college hockey.

>From: Paula Weston <[log in to unmask]>
>USCHO is real media.

Yes, but is it "real"?  Did the NC$$ actually snub electronic media at the
Phinal Phour?

>The announcement of next year's Ice Breaker Tournament in Chicago:
They are trying to get an exemption for these games so they won't count
toward the total.

Other Stuff
I thought the fireworks the Sioux fans set off during the national anthem
were cool, and if anyone can shout out their schools mascot at the end of
the national anthem it is the Sioux, as they are affiliated with the Sioux
Nation.  When are they going to change their name to the Prairie Wagons?
(As soon as they get people doing the tomahawk chop, dressing up in head
dresses, hopping around like an idiot and desecrating the Sioux name)

North Dakota must have been glad they played on Thursday-Saturday, thus
avoiding Friday-Sunday.
Fridays  11-7-1
Saturday  17-2-1
Sunday 1-1

The Sioux had previously scored 5 goals in one period 5 times this season.

Sophomores on ND accounted for 113 of 178 goals (63%) and 56% of the assists

Matt Evans
Minnesota '89
UMD '92
UW-Milwaukee '00