From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:34:21 -0400
>>> Robert Svec <[log in to unmask]> 03/31/97 10:07am >>>
>If they want next year's top team with the best fans from Hockey East,
it's easy.  They will >select the Maine Black Bears.  BU couldn't even fill
its small arena for the Hockey East >semi-finals.

>Bob Svec

>REMEMBER - PANSIES ARE MAIZE AND BLUE TOO!

Hockey East semi final was at the Fleet Center - 17K plus for hockey, not
exactly small.  If you are referring to the Northeastern series, BU was on
spring break.  As for the locals, there are a few more ways for them to
entertain themselves on a Saturday night in Boston than there are in Orono.

I would be willing to bet that more BU fans will show for a preseason game
in Chicago than Maine fans, simply because there have got to be more BU
Alums living in the area than there are Maine alums.  I don't see too many
students from either school making the trip.  As a matter of fact, even
though the games might be great, I have to wonder how well this tourney
will do considering the timing and location.  I hope they advertise big
time out there.  I think the concept is a good one, I hope it works.

Dave

Congratulations UND.  And to BU - thanks for getting that far, let's get to
the Fleet in 98!