From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:42:35 -0700
Without putting words in Parker's mouth (there's other things
I'd like to do to him, but that is the the subject of another
long post), if you put it in terms of Eastern hockey, his
comments make sense.

For the past 10 years or so, the two beasts of the East have
been BU and Maine.  Then there are the "Great Pretenders"
that may be constantly nipping at there heels, but cannot
consistently leap over those two.  I'd put Clarkson and a few
other schools in that pack.  The ECAC had a nice run in the
late 80's early 90's with final 4 teams, but since '91 it has
been UVM from the ECAC in '96 and that's about it.  Almost
every other time it was Maine and BU.

There is an air of confidence at those two schools that they
know how to win when it comes to crunch time.  How each
school reloads and keeps that institutional memory going is
a source of wonder and anger to me a fan of a "Great
Pretender" school.

Until other eastern schools surpass Maine and BU, I'd
second Jack's comments.  I'd look for both those schools #1
and #2 east next year.

Face it folks, its envy.

Joe
Clarkson '77