Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:35:05 -0500
> Dan Olsen Message Dated: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:35:22 EST
> >> "I don't think there's any question that it's a big upset because they've
> >> been the number one team all year long
> >> and the defending national champion," said BU coach Jack Parker. "But
> >> I think that any time we get beat it's an upset.
> >> Wow, are we just a little conceited here.  After their performance in
> >> the North Country in late November,
> >> I would barely call any BU loss an upset.  They do have a good team, but
> >> despite Jack's big head,
> >> he is not God's gift to hockey.
> >>
> >> Dan Olsen
> >> Clarkson '96
>
> Face it, BU won the right to play in the finals.  Clarkson did not.  Get over
> it.

I think the point that Dan is trying to make is that while BU
indeed earned the right to play in the finals, their coach
really shouldn't make a comment like that, regardless of what he
meant.

Parker could have been thinking that it bothers him to think that
if his team loses, everyone considers it an upset. He also could
have been thinking that "our team is so good, that it MUST be
considered an upset if we lose". I'm not trying to put words
in Jack Parker's mouth, of course, but my first reaction was
the same as Dan's.

My 2 pennies...

-Andy