From:
grayhound <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
grayhound <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:13:06 -0500
David Morgenstern wrote:<<
Now my question, when did the use of replay for penalties start?  Is that
something only used in the tourney?  Or, is it just for the purpose of
assesing penalties on dangerous plays?  I happen to think it is a good idea
to use the replay when the ref wants help, but I think the person doing the
reviewing on the replay (if they can't let the ref himself do it) should be
someone that is usually an on ice ref. >>
The ESPN2 announcer said that they were only looking at the replay to verify
the offending player not assess the penalty.