From:
Kirk the Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk the Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:15:11 -0600
> As I was getting ready this morning, I heard a nice bit of news.
> TCI of North Dakota is giving everyone in their viewing area
> free ESPN2 for the weekend so they can watch UND play in the
> final four this weekend. I thought that was rather nice of them.

There's more to this story.  Apparently, TCI (the local cable company) had
run out of cable boxes since so many people were ordering ESPN2 (a premium
package station in Grand Forks).  So, instead of limiting the number of
people able to watch the game, they are turning off the scrambling of
ESPN2 in the Grand Forks area so that anybody with normal cable service
can get the game.  In addition, those people who just got the boxes in
order to see the game will be refunded their money.

At least SOMEONE in the TV communication business has their head out of
their rear! :)

Kirk