From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:10:30 -0400
At 12:58 PM -0500 3/26/97, William E. Corrigan, Jr. wrote:
>                 Does anyone out there have the same tight schedule trying
> to make the 12 Noon CST Thursday semi as our group does that will be
> travelling from the East coast?  We fly out of Providence at 7:10 EST and
> arrive Milwaukee around 10:30 a.m. CST.  Not too much margin for delay when
> you need to get from airport to hotel, check-in and make it to Bradley by
> game time.

That's why you leave a day ahead of time. :-)

I think three factors are involved here:

1) The 1 pm start time in the East, meaning that the game has to start at
noon CST in Milwaukee.
2) The delay before last year's first semifinal.
3) The length of the first semifinal each of the last two years.

2&3 apparently led them to try to cover themselves with more time between
games this year.  Given the way that things have gone, it makes sense.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****   (Part-Time) Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM    *****