From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:53:27 -0600

> Anyone else noticed how much better BU played after it kicked Brendan Walsh
> off the team?  Although the penalty box seems a little less happy without
> #19, BU realized it actually could win more games not being shorthanded as
> much.

I haven't seen anything on this before....Why was he kicked off the
team.....I watched him play against my brother in the USHL when Brendon
played for the Omaha Lancers....He racked up alot of penalty minutes back
then...but I was always impressed by his toughness...he was also pretty
good at drawing penalties....by the end of his junior career I think he
was one of the best players in the USHL....I didn't think his style of
play suited college hockey.....but I sure enjoyed watching him...

That Omaha Team had some great players on it.....
Brendan Walsh...BU
Scott Swanson...CC
Brian Swanson...CC
Brian Leitza ??...St.Cloud
 ??          ...DU
  ??        ....DU
Mike Peluso ...UMD
Pellerin.......???
Gasparini....???

...I'm sure a few more also got scholarships

Discipline is always important...but I think far to many penalties are
called in college hockey....The crash and bang players like Rasmusen and
Botteril should have played major junior hockey because it is more suited
to their style of play.....I beleive Botteril would have already a year
or two under his belt with the Stars if he would have played in the
CHL...Look at Jamie Lanngenbruner

??How many penalty minutes has Brendan Walsh accumulated in his career at BU
??What is he doing now..

??How many Penalties has Botteril accumulated at Mich in 4 years...and
how many DQ's has he received....

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)