From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:01:08 -0500
I am not a UNH fan, so I can't speak for whether they should be calling for
Umile's head or not, but I do think that people should keep in mind that Umile
suffered a heart attack two weeks ago, so perhaps he and his team were not as
focused on hockey as they otherwise might have been.  An excuse?  Certainly...
but a damn good one, IMHO.

The debate will probably rage on as to whether Umile can motivate his players to
perform in the post-season (or maybe even the regular season), but I think there
were some important extenuating circumstances that need to be taken into account
when evaluating UNH's post-season performance this year.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"What are you writing?"
"It's my new self-help book for compulsive shoppers."
"What do *you* know about compulsive shoppers?"
"I know they buy a lot of books."
-- "Dilbert"