From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:56:35 -0800
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Newman Robb wrote:

> >Now that his career is over, I have to ask, did anyone other than Tim
> >Thomas play goalie for Vermont in his four years?  Or did Thomas play
> >every minute of every game (except when the net was empty)?
> I know that Thomas got pulled this season during UVM's 8-6 loss to UNH in the
> Governor's Cup at Gutterson.  The backup (forgot his name) who went in for Thomas quit
> the team in January to go play major junior - he got tired of not playing.  I can't
> imagine that this was the only game that someone else had playing time in the last
> four years - but it's the only one that I personally know of.

I believe that would be Nolan McDonald, who idiotically left in November.
He played a grand total of 27 minutes in his freshman year, in a game
against Ottawa U. (That game was split between McDonald and UVM's other
goalie, whose name eludes me.) My impression is that he did not expect
Thomas to come back for his senior year.

FWIW, the QMJHL team that McDonald went to traded for a decent, veteran
goalie over Christmas, and I'm not sure where McDonald is now.

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards, BA                  Minister of Chasing Wild Geese (DNRC)  O-
[log in to unmask]       http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards