From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 16:11:29 EST
I'm a little interested in how the UNH faithful perceived their team's
performance this past weekend.  There certainly were some entertaining
debates toward the end of the season on Hockey-L regarding Dick Umile's
coaching ability.  Myself, I've never been a big supporter of Umile, but
the (IMO) pathetic performance of the Wildcats would've been the last
straw if I was a UNH fan.  I have never seen a team look so uninspired in
a big game as UNH was.  Oops, I take that back.  I have never seen a team
so uninspired in a big game as UNH was _since_ I saw UNH look equally
uninspired in the East Regionals two years ago.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  A
coach who can't get his players up for a big game?  More likely.  At the
Centrum Centre Friday, I did wonder if was just my (often cynical) way of
thinking until I overheard two groups of older UNH alums, who were sitting
near us, calling for Umile's head.

With all the talent that was on that team, being co-HE champs doesn't
impress me at all.  I would be very upset if I was a UNH supporter.....

Comments?

  - Steve