From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:12:23 -0600
If there wasn't already a clear-cut difference between the "haves" of
Division I hockey and the "have nots" in Division II and Division III, the
thread on media coverage has more than accentuated it.

While there would certainly appear to be a legitimate gripe about cutting
away from a game (in either sport) to watch a pep rally without the
participants, you people have become noticeably spoiled in a relatively
short period of time when it comes to television coverage of Division I
hockey.

I seem to remember not so long ago when the finals weren't even televised
.. now you're complaining about not getting the playoffs.

Good God ... try being in Division III hockey ... the only way we can get
anything approaching current information is by digging around at the Boston
Globe AP wire ... and then they don't even say if it's a partial score or
the final.  Brad Nadeau did an admirable job in his post-game write-up,
don't get me wrong, but up-to-the-minute coverage from any source?  not a
chance.

So, please, folks, appreciate what you have ... Audionet ... big dish
television ... USCollegeHockeyOnline (even they didn't have a ticker on the
Division III championship) ... live telecast of the finals.

And, if you feel justified in complaining about MSC's coverage (which seems
legitimate), let them know!

Debbie Somers
UW-Stevens Point Hockey Homepage
http://www.uwsp.edu/athlet/hockey