From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:14:52 -0500
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Aaron Lindman wrote:

>this will be my last comment on the matter. from here it is pointless.
>this is the FIRST time the gopher basketball team has made it to the
>final four. it is a very exciting time for all minnesotans involved in
>this celebration. i was sitting in grand forks, nd watching and loving
>all of it.

As a completely neutral observer, I agree with those who say that MSC should
not have cut away.  While Aaron's points about this being exciting for Gopher
fans to be in the final four for the first time are completely valid, I must
say that cutting away to a pep rally from a real sporting event was extremely
classless.

>there will always be more hockey games, hell, watch espn2 next
>wknd, but this is the FIRST time we have seen the gophers go the the
>big dance.

But the game which msc abondoned is gone now.  It will never happen again.
And it was a *good* game.

>msc doesn't owe you nothing, msc is the channel that is
>helping us out by even showing the games. they could have trapshooting on
>if they wanted to. maybe next year, they shoudn't cover the games.

Well, I'm sure that most people would rather they didn't cover the game than to
pull the rug out from under their feet by only showing part of the game.

>then all of you clowns can sit and complain about something else.

That seemed uncalled for, Aaron.  You can be impassioned without being caustic,
you know.

-Alan Harder
Go Blue!