From:
Larry Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 10:03:49 -0500
In a move reminiscent of the infamous NBC Heidi game- MSC broke from its
coverage of the BU-DU after the 2nd period (score tied 1-1) to take us to
Williams Arena to watch the Gopher faithful (or 15000 extras from the movie
Fargo) listen to endless repititions of Minnesota Rouser and wait for the
basketball team to return from San Antonio. This event was apparently a feed
from a local Twin Cities station and there was no compelling reason not to
return to the game which apparently went to overtime. I thought Minnesota was
hockey country- now I know why they have the T-Wolves and not the N-Stars.
Yikes! of Yah yer dern tootin that was a mistake.Now if they win both titles
watch out! They'll shut down the whole state and the Coen Bros. will have
Fargo II coming.