From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 01:30:08 GMT
From the Media Information and Arrangements Brochure put out by the
NCAA (And I'm sure it's in a manual somewhere too):

"If a game is sold out 24 hours before game time, a telecast or
cablecast may be released without geographical restriction.  If the
game is not sold out, it may be televised over transmitters or
received by cable systems located more than 200 air miles from the
site of the game, provided that 9,000 tickets have been purchased 24
hours before game time.

The Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee may make exceptions to this
blackout policy on a case-by-case basis."

Jayson