Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 10:12:56 -0700
As I wrote in another post ("auuuuuuuuuugh"), I spoke with 4 different
"entertainment consultants" at DirecTV, and one of their supervisors and
was told it was MSC that chose to blackout everyone else.

Apparently there were quite a few calls made to DirecTV last night, which
prompted a DirecTV person to call up MSC to find out who was blacking out
the broadcast.

At 10:31 PM 3/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>D Wollstadt wrote:
>>
>The MSC broadcast of the NCAA regionals was blacked out on DirecTV. I called
>DirecTV's 1-800 number to ask why, and they said blackouts are controlled by
>the NCAA (or, in the case of pro hockey, by the league). Does anyone know why
>the NCAA would order a blackout of the Worcester regional in Maine? (Maybe it
>was blacked out in all of New England). I wonder if I'll be able to watch the
>western regionals tomorrow.
>>
>It was also blacked out in the Chicago area. I too was told that the reason
>it was blacked out was dictated by the NC$$.
>
>If I recall correctly, last year the reionals were televised by MSC and there
>was no blackout. Why the difference from last year to this year.  I'm sure
>that it must have something to do with money since the NC$$ is involved.
>
>Jack Berenzweig
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

greenie

S P O O N ! !

GO BU!    (hockey)
GO BU!    (basketball)
GO 'BOWS! (20-6 and no tourney bid? Bull!)
GO BU!    (did I mention hockey?)