From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:30:00 EST
John Whelan writes...
>John H writes, in part,
>
>>Morrison as MVP.
>>Hopefully this clears things up for any Hobey voters that were
>>waiting to cast their vote based on what the "major" candidates
>>(which I'm considering to be Drury, Morrison and White) did in
>>their conference tournament.
>
>        Gee, and I thought Todd White's hat trick in the ECAC
>semifinals would do that. :-) Looks like another case of Eastern fans
>getting a good look at White and Westerners at Morrison.  I haven't
>seen the all-tourney team, but I assume White made it, despite being
>shut down by the Cornell defense on Saturday.

My point exactly!  Where was White in the final?!  Morrison
had three points in the semifinal win as well, but he showed
up for the championship game with 1-1--2, including the GWG,
against a very stingy MSU defense.  Cornell neutralized
White...and, if there's any justice, any chance he had to
win the Hobey as well.

Morrison led his team to the championship and was named
MVP.  White did neither.

Bottom line...Morrison produced, White didn't.

John H ([log in to unmask])