From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:27:31 -0400
I have been following the goal discussion from the RPI game and came up
with a question.  A few people have mentioned that had the goal gone in off
of a Cornell player it would be credited to the closest RPI player.  My
question is this, if a guy shoots from the point and it is deflected by
someone on the defense on the way in, the goal goes to the guy that shot
it, not someone standing next to the defenseman.  Therefore, why would the
goal in this case not go to the player behind the net?  (I am making the
assumption that he shot it, based on the reports seen earlier).  Thanks.

As for the seedings, I am not complaining.  As a BU fan I have no reason to
complain.  Anyway, I do wish UVM was sent west instead of Cornell if only
to see a potential rekindling of the BU-Cornell rivalry.

One other thing, to those of you that have the means to get Primestar (or I
suppose some other DSS system), do it.  Not to piss too many people that
can't see the games off but, I did get coverage of all semifinal and final
games.  The only problem was that for some reason when I got home from work
Friday and turned on NESN, Cornell-RPI was on instead of BU-UML.  I figured
it had to be some satellite thing because PASS was also showing Cornell-RPI
instead of the game from the Joe.  By 6pm it was all straightened out.  Did
anyone watching PASS or NESN on cable notice anything strange, or was it
just Primestar?  (Primestar is doing testing before it's expansion that is
coming soon, so I attributed it to that).

Finally, are there any plans to meet for the people going to Worcester?

Dave
See you at the Centrum - Section 123, Row FF, Seats 9-12
GO BU!