From:
Laura Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 06:44:46 PST
Did anyone catch ESPN's Sports Center this morning?  College hockey was
actually mentioned twice.  I couldn't believe it.  The first time was during
the Plays of the Week.  They showed Aaron Gates' (Clarkson) check on the
Cornell player (sorry, don't remember who) during the ECAC championship game.
The Cornell player had his head down and never saw Gates coming at him.  Then,
not too long after that they actually showed the seedings.

BTW, does anyone know why they made a joke about Cornell (they pretended to
have trouble pronouncing the name)?  Is there some kind of running joke I don't
know about?

Anyway, it was nice to actually see college hockey get some mention.

Laura Phelps
Clarkson '94