From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:03:08 -0500
First I want to apologize to Info-Hockey-L readers for posting the
All-ECAC Women's teams three times today.  Getting the total information
turned out to be harder than I had anticipated.

Second I have to say I am shocked that Barb Gordon of Colby College is not
on the All-ECAC teams.  Gordon was the ECAC Women's League scoring title
winner this season.  For those of us not into stats, Gordon was simply
brilliant on the ice.  At this point she still has the goal of the year
honor: "The Mules went up 0-2 on a power play goal by Gordon (Sittler).
The give and go, cross-ice passing play was an ooh-la-la play that froze
the Crimson defense.  The play was precision execution and could easily be
the Goal of the Year.  Wow!!!"  Gordon's skills to pull off that move were
sublime.  She darted here and there at speed to make the pass and be in
the position to accept the pass that led to her clinical finish.

Therefore I am issuing the All-ECAC teams+, once more, with feeling, and
this time including the scoring title winner and the goalie title winner.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf