From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:22:30 -0500
>> HONORABLE MENTION: Greg Taylor (G, Boston College); Matt Wright (F,
>> Boston University); Neil Donovan (F, Mass Lowell).
>
>What surprises about this week's HE POTW Honorable Mentions is that UMA's
>Brian Regan is not included.  Even though Amherst was swept by the Wildcats in
>the HE quarterfinals, I thought Regan was the story of the night on Friday and
>he came back with an almost equally impressive showing on Saturday.
>
>On Friday night he faced 60 shots, stopping all but 5.  And when I was talking
>with people after the game I couldn't believe they had actually missed Regan's
>performance!  Saturday's headline in the Foster's read "Wildcats solve Regan".
>I don't think 5 goals on 60 shots can be considered "solved".  UNH averages
>over 5 goals per game on a usual night -- Regan faced two games worth of shots
>on Friday alone and still held the Wildcats below average.
>
>Regan was outstanding in net and I at least want to recognize a great effort
>here on the list.

I couldn't agree with Howard more.  I was expecting Regan to get *at least*
an honorable mention, and even POTW, despite the two losses.  What
impressed me as much as his play was that on both nights I saw him pull one
of his own players away from a UNH player, preventing a tense situation
from escalating.  I felt that in a series where his teammates did not
conduct themselves in the most sportsmanlike manner, he stood out.

Karen
Go Blue!  Beat BC!!