From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:03:53 -0500
Mike Corbett writes:

>Could someone Please tell me what all this off the ice stuff is?
>Give the kid some slack he is in high school.  Also, don't beleive
>everything you read and hear!

Look, the kid has alluded to these off-ice things himself.  Given his
talent, he should have been scooped up months ago.  The fact that he hasn't
gives these musings some credence.  Maybe it's unfair, I hope what I'm
hearing is incorrect but, with only 18 scholarships to give, and spread out
over up to 25 players, coaches do not want to make a mistake.  Every year
some kid is overrated and some kid is vastly underrated.  In a way it's
like the NBA or NFL draft.  Some school will "overpay" for a kid while some
other place will get real lucky.  Maybe TC Harris is the guy.  He will be
playing someplace next year and probably getting a free college education
to boot.  Not bad, eh?

Greg Ambrose
GO UNH BLUE!!!