From:
Laura Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 06:46:27 PST
> Mens NCAA Div I Playoffs - Composite Schedule
> For the week of: Monday 03/03 through Sunday 03/09
>
> ---------  ECAC  ------------------
> Quarterfinal (First team to 3 points,   G1,  G2: 5 min OT, can tie
>                                       G3 played to completion)
>
> ---------  Hockey East  ------------------
> Quarterfinal (2 out of 3, all games to completion)
>
> ---------  CCHA  -------------------
> Quarterfinal (2 out of 3, all games to completion)
>
> ---------  WCHA  -------------------
> First Round (2 out of 3, all games to completion)
>
> It has been reformatted and submitted by:
> Dave Naghski

Okay, this has probably been pondered, discussed, and philosophized to death
around this time every year, but since my delete key goes into overdrive
whenever I see the same subject line continuing for days, even weeks on end
(in other words, I probably dropped out of reading the discussion before its
resolution ;-) ), I have one question:

Why doesn't the ECAC do a 2 out of 3 series in the same manner as the other
leagues?  In other words, why don't they just play every game to completion?

Yes that was 2 questions, but it was really only 1 question worded 2 ways. :-)
Now, does anyone have a definitive answer?  Right now I have the old Sesame
Street song going through my head:  "Which of these leagues is doing its own
thing....."

Just curious,

Laura Phelps
Clarkson '94