From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:32:44 -0500
Adam wrote:

> The way I see the problem is, the NON-Hockey people that you mention,
AD's,
> etc..., ARE saying "It's just hockey" -- and it is being brushed off and
> discarded as inconsequential.  At least in some instances.

Exactly.  It is the people who devote the time and effort to the sport who
get beyond "that's just hockey".  People unfamiliar with the sport tend to
paint it with a broad brush, and when they do suggest ways of dealing with
violence it is usually in absolute terms: "all physical play is bad" or
"wink, wink, nudge, nudge, boys will be boys"...

Greg Berge