From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:29:06 -0500
>         I see from the boxes that Jason Elliott played both games for
> Cornell this weekend.  What happened to Jean-Marc Pelletier?

As you've no doubt seen from the boxes, JMP was held out of both games.  I
don't know why, and haven't found anybody who does for sure.  One
possibility this time of year is illness -- a hockey team is a little like
an elementary school; somebody's always sick.  But he was on the bench all
weekend, and we could hear him against Brown -- he was quite vocal.

So, has the coach made his choice for the stretch run and is getting
Elliott
used to playing on back-to-back nights?  I don't know.  Personally, I think
JMP has the higher "ceiling" while Elliott is more consistent.  Given that
Schafer is, from his other moves (line shuffling, player usage), moving
into postseason mode with a vengeance, it is my guess that we are not going
to see much of JMP unless Elliott has a bad game.  Last year's tourny MVP
may be all the credential Elliott needs to overcome JMP's better stats
(against
weaker opponents).

- GRB

p.s.  Big shakeup in the Sat lineups was the absence of Cooney *and* Papp.
Peach was back (and got another goal!), and Sacchetti dressed (but rode the
pine all night).

BTW, anybody know why Keith Peach is suddenly the darling of Section B?
They seem to have just adopted the guy.  :-)