From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 01:18:25 -0600
On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Eeyore wrote:

> Jason W. Roy wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Carol S White wrote:
> > > The Sioux played *very* well and deserved to win both games. Dean Blais
> > > has done a great job with that team. Now, if he could teach some of his
> > > players to be gracious winners....
> > >
> > > -Carol
> > > GO Gophers!!!
> > ---->
> >        The real trick would be, to teach Gopher fans not to be such sore
> > losers.  Way to go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Jason, you keep posting these kinds of messages in a public forum, so I
> feel I have to respond to the same place.
>
> Your comments seem to reflect no thought (as in the MSC note) or no
> comprehension of what the person you are responding to has said.  Carol
> and I have both stated, and I will repeat, that North Dakota played
> better in both games than the Gophers and deserved to win.  We haven't
> offered any excuses.  Exactly how you can manage to come up with the
> idea that we are sore losers is beyond me.  Our team played wretchedly
> and got precisely the result that would be expected.
>
> Please let me know just what animus is eating at you about Minnesota.  I
> can accept people not liking minnesota, even irrationally so.  I've been
> known to feel that way about teams myself, as a couple of different
> Michigan State fans I've talked to can attest.  But for someone to so
> totally lose contact with what is actually being said is beyond my
> comprehension.  Grow up.
>
> J. Michael Neal

 -> The reason I replied to Carol's comment that "Blais should teach
his team to be gracious winners" is real easy and is obvious to anyone
not wearing those Maroon and Gold glasses.  Blake uttering a few words at
the Gopher bench after the game is very understandable after a hard
faught series.  Its a part of the game. From what I understand the
Gophers, as usual did a fair amount of yapping throughout the weekend.
Blake did not start the scuffle. Marvin did. Marvin lost cool his and
composure and started a scuffle at the end of the game.  He jumped Blake.
simple as that. This is a rivalry here folks and all kinds of yapping
occurs in these situations.  Give me a break with the gracious winner
crap...come on...Thats where the sore loser came from.

You both mention that UND deserved to win....We'll no sh!t....They
outscored and outplayed Minnesota.....but you had to get a little dig in
with the gracious winner thing...so I got my dig....

  Yes, I hate the Gophers.....I'm sure I always will.  I think they have
a great program.....but I just don't like them....Everybody has a team
they hate......The Gophers are mine........I lived in Minnesota for two
years and just really got sick of hearing about the Gophers all the time.
The whole cockyness of the team and fans really gets on my nerves probably
the most. I don't like Woog either. He's whinner and a weisel in my
opinion.  I have a best friend who lives in Columbia Heights, Mn
and whenever he brings up the Gophers, I bring up my dislike for them.
Sorry, but I hate the Gophers and love it when they lose (which isn't
often enough).

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)