From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 08:22:24 -0500
since I live.. ohh.. .5 miles away from Riverfront coliseum, and I can see
it from my window (I live in Mt. Adams), let's talk about what's going on.

The Coliseum is used only a handful of times per year.  A few U-C
basketball games (hey, anyone want to see a crooked basketball program?
We've actually had guys in jail playing for us!), monster truck races, and
a few Garth Brooks concerts.  I'm not even sure if they still can put ice
down in there.

The Gardens are used by Xavier Basketball and Cincinnati Cyclones.  Rumor
has it, though, that the cyclones are moving to Riverfront (I guess they
do fairly well attendance-wise), and that the Gardens is going to get
an AHL team.  I'm not sure if that's because of the quality of the ice at
the gardens or what.  I don't remebmer what the ice looked like at the
NCAA final four (though I do remember the green glop).  Perhaps it was
because they had to repaint the ice and refreeze everything so it didn't
say Cyclones.

Therre is a size difference, though.  Riverfront is much bigger.  (And in
terms of basketball, you can just basically put up two hoops and stick 10
players on the floor, and cincinatians will come and watch it)

---
University of Cincinnati Medicine Class of 2000
University of Michigan Class of 1995
http://www.biology.lsa.umich.edu/~erickin
University of Michigan -- 1996 NCAA Hockey Champions!