From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:07:39 -0500
A few weeks ago, I posted an administrative message asking that discussion about
the state of HOCKEY-L (perceived lack of postings, confusion between the info
and discussion lists, etc.) be moved to the HOCKEY "meta-list", which exists for
discussion of topics related to the lists themselves, rather than college hockey
in general.  In my message, I also included discussion of USCHO as an item for
removal to the HOCKEY list.  It was not my intent to choke off discussion of
USCHO on HOCKEY-L, and I apologize for not being clearer in my request.  Dis-
cussion of USCHO as it relates to college hockey is a perfectly appropriate
topic for the HOCKEY-L list, as is discussion of NESN, ESPN, USA Today, or other
media sources as they relate to college hockey.

Again, my apologies for an unnecessarily restrictive post earlier.  Any
questions or comments, please let me know.

P.S.  There's a discussion going on over on HOCKEY now (a lively one!) about the
INFO-HOCKEY-L guidelines and whether the info list and discussion list should be
merged or stay separate.  (For those who are not familiar with INFO-HOCKEY-L, it
was started as a lower-volume alternative to HOCKEY-L for those who wanted the
"facts" -- i.e. scores, box scores, major news items -- without the accom-
panying discussion.  Nowadays, info posts go to INFO-HOCKEY-L, while discussion-
oriented posts go to HOCKEY-L)  If you want to put your two cents in, you can
subscribe to HOCKEY by sending Email to [log in to unmask] and in the body
(not the subject line) of the message, put

subscribe hockey your-full-name

(substituting your first and last name for "your-full-name")

Bill Fenwick
HOCKEY-L Administrator