From:
Kevin Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:49:51 -0800
Carol S White wrote:

> Denver beats Minnesota soundly 5-2
> to split the series in Mariucci this weekend.
>
> Next up for the Gophers is a home-and-home with St.Cloud
>
> -Carol
> GO Gophers!!!

I have to say that this was BY FAR the worst officiating I have ever
seen
at a college level hockey game.  Obvious calls were missed and the calls
that they did make were incorrect calls or blatently biased against the
gophers.  THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR THE LOSS.  Just an observation.

Woog in his post game interview had some terrific comments indirectly
bashing the officials.  (He couldn't comment directly or would be fined
by the WCHA and NCAA)  Once during the game on the bench he was
seen chopping a stick in the air towards the officials.

Crowley had three sticks broken over his legs and wrists.  Hankinson had
his helmet pulled off on at least two occasions.  Godbout was mugged
every
time he rushed the puck.  Crowley was blatently checked from behind and
was
lucky not to be in the Hospital trying to feel his legs.

Someone has to do something before another kid is hurt for life.

--
            \\\\\///
            / ^   _ \