From:
Richard Tuthill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Tuthill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 03:21:08 UT
        Jim's HOCKEY-L Schenectady Gazette article on Union College inspired an
interesting thought that I'd like to share with folks.

        I'd really like to see Union play Middlebury next year.   I know that with
the NESCAC-driven ECAC East rule on practice not starting until November 1st
for Middlebury,  that would be a hard thing to accomplish schedule-wise.   But
maybe a holiday tournament match-up?   The scholarship constraints on both
colleges,  their reputations for academic excellence,  their small college
campus ambiance,  and their geographic proximity would make it a VERY
interesting game.   The similarities are striking.

        -- Dick Tuthill