From:
Bryan Hanssen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bryan Hanssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 00:02:16 -0500
There has been a lot of speculation about why Dan LaCouture left BU. Why
can't people accept "personal reasons" as a justifiable reason? Is it
really anyone else's business but his own and the team's? For one reason
or another, there are a lot of people out there to "stick it" to BU. And
for those people to say he left because of grades or whatever reason
they believe is unfair to LaCouture. If anyone wants to learn what
LaCouture's personal reasons were, go to your local bookstore and look
at this weeks Hockey News in the section where the top prospect for
every NHL team is listed. (How the information got to The Hockey News I
don't know, but, right or wrong, LaCouture's personal business is now
there for all to read.) I think you'll be surprised to learn that he
left for personal reasons. I don't want to post those reasons here
because I do not have a copy of The Hockey News and don't want to
misquote anyone. But for those who are uninformed to make misguided
assumptions is, IMO, inexcusable. I believe what is printed in The
Hockey News because I heard the same story from sources close to BU 2
weeks ago. Whether or not LaCouture returns to BU remains to be seen.