Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:31:42 -0600
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Nat Malen wrote:

> You know, I was just thinking how everyone calls MSC "Minnesota Sports
> Channel."  This is true, but where else is MSC covered other than in the
> state of Minnesota?  DO the Dakota's and Iowa get this channel?  I go to
> school at UW-Eau Claire (1.5 hours from UMN), and MSC is not apart of the
> campus cable package or the city's Time Warner package.  If it is not in Eau
> Claire, surely UW-Madison will not have it.

C'mon Nat, you've been in Eau Claire long enough to know that this town
misses out on a LOT of useful stuff that many places don't.   :)
UW-Madison has a list processor; Eau Claire has a computer system run by
a bunch of idiots who fell for the good times virus (I'm not making this
up).

>                                              My question is, what is the
> objection, IF ANY, to carrying all Minnesota games if the only coverage area
> is in Minnesota by the network?

I have no problem with it, unless they have mindless filler when they
could be augmenting their coverage with other games.  WTBS is nationwide,
yet I can't imagine complaining about the Atlanta-centered coverage.
It's nice to have as much available as possible (at least people who live
in other places tell me this is so).

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |
|             I don't judge a man by the color of his skin;            |
|            I judge him by his choice of internet provider.           |