From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 09:50:00 CST
Jeff Kruepke - QLM West Allis 443-3311 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>>That was me making the NASCAR comment.  I've already contacted Lynn, but to
>>any and all friends of NASCAR and college hockey fans from south of the
>>Mason-Dixon line, it was only a tongue in cheek comment. :-)
>>
>>In all seriousness, I was referring to the fact that if NASCAR, or any other
>>"regional sport" gets covered, it would be nice if College Hockey got the
>>same treatment.  I am going to contact CNN too, at their feedback address.
>>

>        I think you should have stopped while you were behind.  As
>        a college hockey and NASCAR fan, I can assure you that there
>        is a huge base of racing fans north of the Mason-Dixon line.
>        The two races in Michigan draw ~100,000 for each race.  Would
>        draw even more if they had the seating.  There are currently
>        races in New York and New Hampshire, as well as California in
>        the near future.  There is even going to be a race in Japan.

This will be my last post regarding the NASCAR thread:  I mentioned the
southern fans only because the "original" post's to the list, and to me
directly, came from list members who are from the south.

I realize NASCAR has many fans from the North.  NASCAR is a fine sport.

Although I've received a number of personal replies from NASCAR fans giving
me a friendly hard time, I have received many more replies from list members
who knew exactly what I was talking about in the first place.  I appreciate
the support, and reassurance from my friends on hockey-l.

Mostly, I'm glad that people are contacting CNN!  That's great.  I hope that
we get somewhere with them.  Here is another feedback address:

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~terryt/ssec.html

I'm not sure if this