From:
Matthew J Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew J Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:13:53 -0600
-The rumors about Doug Woog have been flying around since the McAlpine
money incident was reported.  Most have been covered by others, but one
of the more interesting(if not humorous) rumors I heard had to deal with
Herb Brooks being interested in coaching the Gophers again.  It seems he
has aligned himself with John Gilbert(the Star Trib GopherHockey beat
writer) and is at odds with Woog and how he is running the program.
I think someone's imagination is running away with them.  Ol' Herbie
is not going to coach the Gophers.

-The NCAA has finished their investigation of Doug Woog and
reportedly have found nothing other than the incident regarding
Chris McAlpine.  They will be releasing their report sometime in
the next week.  However, the IRS might still be looking into Woog's
paying policy to players for working at his summer camps.  He
allegedly paid the players with cash and the amount paid was
decided by the players scholarship.  Those with full
scholarships were paid more than those with partial
scholarships.  This might just be more rumors.