From:
Marilyn Manson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilyn Manson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 15:27:06 -0600
Since I was not at either game, I will leave the fine analysis to those
of you who were lucky enough to be there.  However, I have a few
questions about the games.
1.  Was UM's first goal on Friday good?  From what I saw, Kvalevog
stopped the puck and then the Gopher player hit it from his glove.  Was
this what happened?  Is this a legal play?
2.  What happened Saturday night to UND?  I can't recall the last time
they gave up that many shots.  In fact, the shot total was almost twice
the game average for the year.  Were the goals a result of poor
goaltending, or poor defense?
3.  If the game was a sellout, why did I notice a fair number of empty
seats?  Do they base attendance by the number of tickets sold and not the
number of people who go to the games?  Since tickets for the games are so
tough to get, why hasn't there been more of an outcry by Gopher fans
against those who choose not to show up and do not give away their tickets?
(wow..that was a lot of ????'s)

        All in all, I was not that dissapointed by this weekend.  I feel
that Saturday was simply a crummy game for UND, and was not a good
indication of the quality of the team.  Friday's score was closer to what
I would expect to see between these two teams.
Poll prediciton:
UM - 6th
UND - 9th
        Finally, UND takes on SCSU next weekend in Grand Forks.  This
should be a fun series to watch, and if the Sioux win both games, they
will show that they have a good shot of finishing toward the top of the WCHA.
                                                                charles
-
http://www.aero.und.edu/~cbell/hockey.htm