From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:17:32 EST
As this thread has gone, I'll chip in "Right on!".  If you've been
thinking about writing and article for Hockey-L or Info-Hockey-L or
Hockey3, just do it!.

Someone may think you put it in the wrong place (Heck, I put my
Maine/UAH Friday game opinions on Hockey3 ...  probably no one from
Maine read them!), but what the heck ...  you gave it the old college
try.  :-)

As for discussions of what should be on any of the lists, please write
to [log in to unmask] or to any of the administrators.

For anyone that cares, I manage technical and hosting aspects of the
lists.  Deron Treadwell manages content on Info-Hockey-L, Bill Fenwick
manages content on Hockey-L and Pete Kester manages content on Hockey3.

Mike Machnik and I used to do promotion of the lists (I'd spend 4-8
hours a week and Mike, I suspect, spent more).  Neither of us spend much
time in this important area anymore (OK, I've just spent 10 minutes
writing this article!).  Discussions of promotion of the college hockey
lists probably belongs on HOCKEY ...  or just do it yourself: When you
see an article that you especially like, tell him/her.  If you see an
article by a "new" writer, thank him/her for taking the time to share it
with us.

But whether you post fact or opinion, someone in the world will disagree
with you.  People that wouldn't *ever* say anything to you personally,
face to face, will undress you via private e-mail and even publicly on
the lists.  I don't think we can help that except to tell what we see
and do what we each think is right, honourable, interesting and maybe
even important.

Please remember that the people asking for your participation are also
the same people whose writing you admire so much.  If they need your
help, how can you refuse them?

Special thanks for all of you that have written for the lists during
this young season!  From RichardH and a few others telling us about
women's hockey, to my nominations for "best new" college hockey writers:
AdamW with Around the Rinks and DaveH's Hockey East previews and
features, I say ...

      THANK YOU!

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group -- CAPS
[log in to unmask]                    University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3