From:
Bababooey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bababooey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:14:09 -0500
I have concluded my pre-season WCHA poll.  Here are the final results:

Number of voters: 10  Possible number of points: 100
First:
   Colorado College(7)--------> 97 Points [1-2]
Second:
  University of Minnesota(2)---> 91 Points [1-3]
Third:
  Univeristy of Wisconsin(1)--> 70 Points [1-8]
Fourth:
   Denver University---------> 68 Points [2-5]
Fifth:
 University of North Dakota-> 61 Points [3-7]
Sixth:
  Univ. of Minn. Duluth-----> 45 Points [5-10]
Seventh:
  St. Cloud State-----------> 42 Points [4-10]
Eight:
  Michigan Tech Univ.-------> 36 Points  [4-10]
Nineth:
   Northern Mich. Univ.------> 27 Points  [7-10]
Tenth:
   Univ. of Alaska Anchorage-> 15 Points  [9-10]
() gives the number of first place votes
[] gives the range of positions in the poll

In UND news, the Sioux start their season this Friday against Alberta in
an exhibition match.  Also, several pages over the summer said that UND
goalie Kvalevog would not be returning.  However, according to the
official roster, he will be playing this season.  Whether or not this is
good news for UND or the rest of the WCHA remains to be seen.

|Check out Bell's Babble at   http://www.aero.und.nodak.edu/~cbell  |
|The only place on the net that talks about:  The groovecat, GWAR,  |
|what winter in North Dakota is like, college hockey, and allows you|
|to vote in a pre-season college hockey poll!                       |