From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 21:33:02 -0400
On 13 Aug 96 at 19:44, Mike wrote:

> I'm not saying that this is happening, but would it be a NC$$
> violation for Maine to 'stash' Tory somewhere in order to have him
> the following year?

This isn't Maine's doing, "stash".. makes it sound like Maine
is trying to get away with something.  If Tory chooses to leave and
Tory chooses to come back, it's up to Tory not Maine.

Secondly, Tory still has a red-shirt year so he could leave and then
come back providing he didn't compete in something that violates
NCAA legislation and would make him lose his eligibility.  He could
play for the Canadian National team and return to Maine under NCAA
rules, but it would be his choice and not some "trick" Maine is
trying to pull.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine