From:
Charles Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 13:20:41 -0400
Indy,
        As a UND fan and student, I will be sad to see him go.  Especially since
the current color guy ,if bumped up, would make a terrible announcer.
IMHO, he is an excellent announcer who does a great job at presenting
only a partially biased view of the game.  Several times last season when
UND was not playing well, he openly would say that the team was playing
badly and deserved the score on the scoreboard.  I have also found that
he was quick to give kudos to the opposing teams.  Even with those two
factors, you could still tell who he wanted to win the games.
        The one trait that I always admired him for was the fact that he can
keep his cool during the most exciting parts of the game, but as soon as
a goal is scored, he gets as excited as any of the fans.  Finally, he
often makes comments about the atmosphere and the sites in the stadium
which adds a great element to the broadcast.
        So, does anyone from UND know who will be replacing him?  Pat Sweeney?
                                                        charles
http://www.aero.und.nodak.edu/~cbell