From:
Rich Selin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Selin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:16:19 CDT
> Does this mean the NC$$ has packed it in as far as Western venues,
> with the exception of Bradley and St. Paul.  What has happened to the Joe?  Have
> they decided that octopuses are their only interest?

I'd love to see it out in Denver.  Now that they have a Stanley Cup champion and
are getting a new rink for the University of Denver, interest should be high in just
about any type of hockey out there.  Besides, Joel Maturi, who used to be the Assoc.
AD at Wisconsin is now the AD at University of Denver.  Maturi is the one
responsible for starting the Badger Showdown and bringing the Final Four to the
Bradley Center.

Speaking of Final Four, our group of three got confirmation that we will be getting
tickets for next years Final Four in Milwaukee.  They had that lottery on May 15th,
expecting to get a large response from UW fans buying tickets like they did in 1993.
Well I don't think that happened this time, partly because of UW's poor season last
year.

So we have paid $225 for tickets 11 months before of the tournament.  Does anybody
else think that this just a little too early to be forking up money?  My buddy looked
up his charge slip for last years Cincinatti tickets and his tickets were charged in
January 1995!!

Rich