From:
Zac R Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zac R Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 12:05:05 -0600
On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Scott R Quakkelaar wrote:

>      as for espn's coverage, i thought it was lacking.  i
>      was disappointed that they didn't to interviews and
>      features relevant to college hockey during the
>      intermissions.  a replay of mike legg's goal would have
>      been great (i still haven't seen it).  maybe a story on
>      michigan's and cc's seasons up to this point.  i dunno.
>      but i guess it's a step in the right direction to at
>      least have live coverage of college hockey.
>
>      i did like the fact that they had brian bonin as a
>      guest during the second(?) period.  it was especially
>      interesting because he has played against both teams
>      and was able to offer some insight on each.

I have to concur with Scott's comments on ESPN's coverage.  Thankfully
Brian Bonin got to say a few insightful comments which were relevant to
the game.  Is Bob Norton a Hockey East analyst?  Regardless of where he's
from, he seemed misplaced for this game.  His comments were very
superficial.  I especially enjoyed his silence during the second period
after CC has scored twice to take a lead.  Boy, it sure took him a while
to formulate anything to say.  (I don't think a CC lead was in his
script.)  Perhaps he can do some more homework regarding the teams
involved before a game such as this.  As for ESPN, pull your collective
heads out and contract a color man from the networks who cover the leagues
that are represented in the final.

The Report Card:
The Game        A
ESPN            C
Norton          D-

Zac Halter
-the unofficial NMU anti-fan (it was a great season)-