From:
Chris Wameling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Wameling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:58:41 -0500
Thanks for the optimism, I have some too. But, Western Mich. is a very solid
team.I saw them on a Prime broadcast earlier this year. If we do not
skate and pass better than we did against Big (I hate them) Red (saw that on tv
too) we are dead!!! Also, we cannot dump the puck in and chase all night,
especially when we send 3 (yes 3!!) guys behind the offensive net to chase
it down. Do we have anybody that can forecheck and dig the puck out alone
( like Brian Mason in 1970-73)?

You are corret, underachieving in the ECAC is the name of our game. I
would be glad to share some of the horror stories. What was worse, the
NC$$ selection committee used that against us for years to keep us out of
the tourney back when it was 4 or 8 teams. There were and are alot of
"Boston & Ivy" coaches etc. on the selection committee. They don't
like little northern schools, "bad imagefor eastern hockey". With 12 it is
more difficult for them to screw us.

GO TECH.
CCT '73 & "75

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Kevin B. Powers wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Andrew Weise wrote:
>
> > > Clarkson, to me, has often underachived in the ECAC tournament, which
> > > has led to bad seedings, and poor showings in the NCAA Tournament.

> Lets Go Tech!
>
> Kevin Powers
> Clarkson '88 '90 '92

     cjw...        By the way, these opinions are all and only mine.