From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 11:11:01 -0400
Kurt Stutt wrote:
>Everyone on this list has got to lighten up.
>
>Now, I believe the quality of officiating is a valid topic, as is who
>are better or worse at officiating.  But to label someone a "horrible"
>referee based on one or two games you saw is jumping to a hasty
>conclusion.  In the course of the posts I've seen, most are people
>venting personal frustrations against a referee who called a game
>his/her team lost, not an objective analysis of the officials
>abilities or a thorough examination of his work, or even the calls he
>made in that game.  It's usually a few bad calls that stick in the
>mind that people use to make their judgements.  How would you like it
>if people judged your work in that manner?  I doubt you'd like it at
>all.  Then college officials should get the same treatment you'd
>expect.

I think the point is that if one name keeps coming up, from supporters of
more than one college hockey team, don't you detect some pattern ? And it
is when we see "our" team play, but other times also.

Furthermore, some of us DO watch more than one team, especially with the
growth of TV coverage over the last few years (thanks NESN).  As for me, I
have watched the game since 1978.  OK ?

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******