From:
"John W. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John W. Davis
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:55:09 EST

> I have heard/read somewhere that Wisconsin not getting home ice in the
> playoffs cost the WCHA $100,000.  If so, would someone like to clue me in as
> to what that's all about?  Thnkx
>
> Tom Rowe                                 Internet:  [log in to unmask]
>
> Department of Psychology                 ***********************************
> U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
>      Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93

It is called gate reciepts.  The Dane County Coliseum (home
to UW) holds 8600 for hockey.  The new Marriucci is the only rink
in the conference that holds more.  So consider if the series goes
three games-25,800 total for the series.

This is sort of peanuts compared to what could happen if
Bucky doesn't make the Final Five.  It is being held at the
Bradley Center this year.  I have heard reports that the WCHA
and the city of Milwaukee could lose over $250,000. (ouch babe)

later
jd
on wisconsin