From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 10:58:39 -0500
>>The incident on Saturday night when Carter was cross-checked into the right
>>goalpost by WMU forward Kyle Millar deserves some note also.  Supposedly,
>>tapes of this game went to CCHA commissioner Bill Began.

The end result of this is that Millar was suspended for one game and will
miss Saturday's game at home vs. Miami.

>Sort of argues for more than one ref on the ice, doesn't it ?

No, not really.  It calls for giving linesmen a little more authority to call
obvious penalties that the referee might miss.

>Wish the game were being played with Hockey East rules, eh, fans ?

No.  I'll take the CCHA rules just fine.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 22-4-0, 26-7-0