From:
Paulette Dwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paulette Dwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 10:44:06 -0400
>If you look at the original post that started this thread you'll find
>that one reason cited for the ECAC expanding was the limited number of
>games the Ivies play.  My point was, and is, that the ECAC should not
>worry about the Ivies self imposed limitations as they have so often in
>the past.  If they want their own rules, let them have their own league.
>I hope this is clear.

And if the nonIvies want their own rules, let them have their own league.

I don't buy into "the Ivies are holding back the nonIvies thread".  If RPI,
Vermont, Clarkson, or St. Lawrence really wanted to break out of the
"limiting conditions" of the ECAC, they could (Union and Colgate might find
it more of a challenge).  They don't want to.  I haven't seen any
indication that the nonIvies are really unhappy, except for RPI, and in the
end the Engineers didn't join HE.  The nonIvies like competing in the ECAC.
Some schools really had a problem with the Ivies, and they formed HE.
Other schools stayed because they liked the ECAC.  Different flavors for
different tastes.

Paulette Dwen
Cornell '89
Let's Go Red!