From:
Cosmo Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cosmo Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 23:50:10 -0600
The University of North Dakota defeated the University of Minnesota at
the sold-out Englested Arena in Grand Forks.  The game began looking very
bad for UND as UM had a 5-3 man advantage for over a minute.  UM was
unable to score, and UND seemed to settle down a lot from that point on.
In the nets tonight, Moen seemed to have a sub-par game (although some of
the shots were very tough).  Woog pulled Moen mid-way through the second,
only to have DeBus give up a quick goal thirty seconds later.  UND did
have a shut-out going until Minnesota finally scored in the third.
However, by this time UND had already scored seven goals (it may be
six..I am not positive) and the game was basically over.
QUICK NOTES:
        Kvalevog played his best game of the year (at least the best home game).
        UND's defense looked great and played their best game of the year.
        How about the penalty killing unit for UND...WOW!
        Teeder Wynne scored two goal and had at least two assists.
        All of the items thrown on the ice were from fans in the
Minnesota/UND section.  What I mean by this was that the student section
of UND was not throwing anyting on the ice, but rather the general
admission area which had about a 50/50 mix of people.
        Students who arrived at 6:30 (1 hour before the game) were
greated with a 1/4 mile line.  Combining this with temperatures of -30
made for a long wait in line.
TOMORROW:
        Though call to say the least.  Obviously UM will be out for
blood, however UND now knows that they are capable of beating UM.  Since
the Sioux scored twice on DeBus tonight they also know that you can score
goals
against him.  If UND's goaltending and defense have another stellar
night, UND may be able to pull off a sweep.  Kind of makes me want to go
out and buy a broom!
                                                        CBell
|/////Vancouver Canucks #1 in 95-96!!\\\\\\||| This message is from |
|<<<<<Sioux yeah yeah!>>>>>                |||    >> da haus <<     |
| Latest college hockey polls: finger -m -l [log in to unmask] |
[log in to unmask]  meteorologist|
|Today's forecast:  Partly, mostly with a slight chance of weather  |