From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barkan, Jon
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:00:00 PST
The "rumor" about Jeff is just a rumor at this point.......but one never
knows what's going to go on at UW. For many years Jeff has talked about
stepping down and going to work at USA Hockey in the Springs. For his sake,
I hope he chooses to do so.....the last thing he deserves to be is
ridiculed. His record speaks for itself and he should be allowed to coach as
long as he'd like to at UW.

As far as Walsh is concerned, I don't know that the UW would bring him in at
this point, even if Sauer left/was removed. There are a lot of other
qualified candidates out there for the job. Two off the top of my head would
be UW alum and Denver coach George Gwozdecky and Mark Johnson (son of Badger
Bob) who I believe is coaching somewhere in Wisconsin.

But at this point, I'd have a hard time believing Jeff's job is in jeopardy.
Remember, Ron Mason had a down year a few years back with a lot more talent
than Jeff has this year , and look how well the Spartans are doing now.
Don't give up on Sauer just yet!!!!

Yours in the bond of chaos in college hockey,
Jon Barkan